Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August Apologies

Hi to my readers; sorry I've been so long absent. The last cartoon of cats in hell was a clue that the constant heat was wearing me out. But my real excuse is the "Sticks" calendar. For some reason it seemed to take forever this year and I really just needed to make it be done!
So for your patience I have found an artifact from the Pre-Cambrian era [the 90s] that may amuse you.Before I was a professional cartoonist I was playing around with ideas. The drawings back then were all done with Rapidograph technical pens. This gave the work a very clean look but not much freedom of movement or line. See what you think; I have a few more that are just kind of odd. But I still like them.

8 comments:

  1. In my mind, Amelia's the curly-haired sister and Libby the American Gothic wannabe. I like the drawing, and the sentiment. Making do is what it's all about in difficult economic times. But when have the times been good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peg. I don't know exactly what to call these stand-alone panels. Whimsy perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They remind me of barbecues past and future?
    Adam Finkelstein
    adamf7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, is that you??
    How the heck are you? Still keeping bees?
    What a cool surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic stuff Margaret! I really like the one about the poet on the Six Chix blog. Need to see more! Jim Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, thanks for replying.
    My email is on our website. google my name and bees and you'll have it--please drop me a line. I'd like to catch up with you.

    Adam Finkelstein

    ReplyDelete
  8. The calendars are coming!The calendars are coming! I will see you on Sat. or Sunday. Dan.

    ReplyDelete